Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My Poor Sick Sivela

Iaine is sick. She doesn't have a fever but she feels ill, I just know it. She's been co-sleeping with us for a few days now and last night I noticed her breathing had been unusually noisy. Around 4am this morning I saw a trail of clear mucus coming out of her nose. So that explains why she's been fussy for a couple of days now. She also coughs, but rarely.

Seeing her like that this morning, I thought I was gonna cry. My poor baby is sick for the first time. I'm sure you came down with a cold before so you can imagine how bad it must feel for a baby not to be able to breathe, eat, and sleep well.

I feel like it's all my fault. I was sick with a cold and cough last week and I think Iaine caught it. We're taking her to the doc tomorrow coz she's out today so for now I'll just have to prop her head up when she's lying down to help her breathe easier and force her to drink water even if she absolutely hates the taste.

I'm just thankful that I'm here to watch over her and not anybody else. I've never been a fan of having a baby nanny. To me it's absolutely unnecessary. But if the time will come that I need someone else to take care of Iaine I'd hand her over to family members. Or if my life depended on it, I'd still hire a family member, no matter how far she's up in the family tree. But total strangers? NEVER. I've heard many stories of nannies neglecting and abusing babies and I don't wanna risk that happening to my own child. You just don't know what some people are capable of.

Anyway, I hope Iaine gets well soon. It hurts when your child is the one suffering, when it could have only been you.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

No comments:

Post a Comment