Thursday, February 24, 2011

No Sicky Time Please

Me, trying to stop her from crawling out of bed again: Baby you wanna watch Dora? Let's watch Dora, na lang. Iaine: aaahhh Aaaahhh AAAHHHH!!!! (jumping and dancing included) It's funny that she doesn't care when I say NO but she sure knows who Dora is.
She's more active than ever before. She's really not a baby anymore and I'm still getting used to it. I'm having a hard time chasing her around the house and picking her up but I know that's unavoidable -- that's what you get for being a part of a toddler's life (11-12 kilo toddler hellooo).
Our everyday routine is getting better too. For playtime there's real playtime (with her toys), mom and baby time, and educational video time. Her eating habits are also getting better because she eats solid food 3 times a day now (plus formula in between).

The only problem is... we think she has measles. She's had small rashes on her tummy for a few days and a low-grade fever today but no red watery eyes, colds, or cough. We changed the sheets too just to rule out bed bug/dust mite allergy (she's had that before). We're hoping it's not measles but I think it's possible. Recently there's been a measles outbreak according to the news so I'm gonna need her pedia to finally diagnose this and give my worries a rest.

My SIL's a doctor and she was so kind to prescribe some meds to help Iaine with the rash but she's not a pedia so if things go bad we still need to see one. For the slight fever by the way, I gave her some paracetamol. I don't know what's gonna happen tomorrow but I'm hoping she gets better.

She's not acting sick though. Doesn't look sick either. She's active, playful, not fussy, just happy. I hope it stays that way.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers


  1. hopefully its not measles. mmr vaccination would be really helpful and she could have it now since she's 1.

  2. I got her vaccinated when she was 9 months old so I'm 95% sure it's not measles. As for the other 5%... well they say kids still get measles even after getting vaccinated so that's where my fear comes from. Thanks for the concern!

  3. I know I am not an expert but I recently went to a nursing conference and one of the speakers said that the optimal time to give the vaccine is 12-15 months because the antibodies from the mother interacts with the vaccine. As a result, the vaccine would be less effective if given earlier. Maybe that's how 5% of kids gets the disease nonetheless. Dont quote me on that though, since I only heard it from other people. :)

  4. I think there's a reason why they tell us to give MMR @ 9 months but thanks for sharing that information. And I'm just happy that Iaine doesn't have measles btw (thank God). So it's an MMR vaccine win :)

  5. I also think there's a lot more to benefit from giving vaccines at the earliest time to prevent any what-ifs. But thanks again