Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Hello Iaine

As I was writing my previous blog entry last night I was so caught up in it that I lost track of time. I turned around and saw my two loves fast asleep already. I took the opportunity to marvel at how much they look alike for about 30 seconds and then crawled next to Jai (literally because Iaine wakes up at the faintest creak of the bed) and whispered in his ear if he's gonna get up later to use the laptop. He didn't open his eyes and just lightly shook his head. He's really knocked out, I thought. I gave him little kisses on the back and carefully made my way back to the desk so not to disturb my darlings.

Usually it's Jai who stays up late watching movies but last night I guess he was just too tired and just drifted off to sleep beside our little Cheeky.

After I was done with my entry I crawled back into bed and positioned myself between my two favorite people in the world. But I still wasn't sleepy yet. I reached for my phone and surfed the net some more. I think I even made several tweets too. After what seemed like an hour I finally felt my eyelids get heavier... and finally fell asleep.

And then it happened. It happened again. IT is the worst thing that ever happens to me. IT is unstoppable, IT just happens. IT gives no warning that IT's coming to take over me. IT is evil.

IT's an allergy attack.

I have allergic rhinitis. I inherited it from my mom. It runs in the family and almost all my aunts and uncles have it too. We all have the same case. We're allergic to dust. Well dust is everywhere so it doesn't come as a surprise that an allergy attack is a normal part of our day.

What happened recently was exceptionally bad because aside from having an itchy soft palate and an even itchier eustachian tube (my two main signs that an allergy attack has started)... I was having trouble breathing. Sure enough my insides were too inflamed already. I tried to ignore it for a while but I just couldn't go back to sleep so I went downstairs to get a glass of water and took an antihistamine tab (I've always self medicated with Cetirizine). Gulped it down and went back upstairs. I immediately I felt better probably because of the water, but after about 30 minutes I just dozed off without even trying.

And then Iaine's cry woke me up. I saw that it was bright outside and figured it was only around 7am so I let Jai handle the situation. I just needed to sleep some more. Not because I'm a lazy ass mom, but the medicine just keeps me sleepy.

I woke up around 11am and heard Iaine crying again. When you have an infant co-sleeping just inches away from you, you really have no choice but to open your eyes when she decides that crying is not enough. She takes it up a notch and starts to shriek. Ear piercing cries that shoots daggers into your ears. I wasn't ready to get up yet because I was still under the drowsy spell of the Virlix, but Jai wasn't budging so me and my straggly hair, drowsy eyes, and weak muscles dragged myself out of bed to get the day started.

I realized that the allergy was gone but unfortunately everything in this world just has to have a price--I felt more sleep deprived than ever. EVER. You can't imagine how horrible that feels.

But as they say, there's always a silver lining. The situation took a good turn when Jai broke some very good news to me: Iaine had her first ever phone conversation this morning! Immediately the world seemed like a better place even in my exaggeratedly sleep deprived state.

It happened while I was in deep slumber and Jai was on baby duty. My FIL called my MIL on her cell phone and they let FIL talk to Iaine. I was told that Iaine was responding so well, it was as if she was really talking. It's just too bad I didn't get to see it for myself, but hearing about it makes me proud of my little girl all the same.

Pretty soon she's not gonna be so little anymore and she'd be like, "WTF mom stop checkin up on me, I'm with my friends!" But until that happens, she's still my wonderful amazing little Iainezy fairy. She will always, always surprise everyone with her intelligence and sophisticated beauty.

Ugh. Damn you, allergies. Ruined a perfect little moment.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

No comments:

Post a Comment