Sunday, August 29, 2010

30 TRUTHS - Love

SOMETHING YOU LOVE ABOUT YOURSELF

I love being a mother! ♥

I never thought I would love it this much. When I was pregnant I always said it was a roller coaster ride but I never imagined what it would be like after giving birth. It's roller coaster to the nth power. It's thrilling, exhilarating, rejuvenating, everything!

When I was single I lived only for myself. I was often selfish and lazy. Sometimes I would just stay home-- sleep, eat, and watch TV. It was a very pointless way to live a life that has so much potential.

But now everything's different. My life has been on the right track ever since I got that BFP on a pregnancy test. I knew I needed to change once and for all. I knew I shouldn't disappoint the life that was growing in me.

When I saw Iaine for the first time, all bundled up in white cloth with her cute puffy pinkish face peeking out, it gave me enough reason to be a good person and mother. And everyday when I look at her as she's getting bigger, smarter, and prettier, I realize how lucky I am to have someone like her to love. It's not easy being a mom, that's for sure, but when you have a little girl whose eyes stare at you with unbelievable beauty and adorable innocence... unconditional love just pours out of you.

Sure I'm not perfect. I have those days when I just wanna get away from the fussing and crying and hand her over to my husband to get some rest. That usually happens when I'm too sleep deprived to function, but I make it up to her every time. My baby girl is the most important person in the world to me and making her feel rejected is not on my "how to be a good mom" list.

I know my daughter relies on me to to give her everything she needs and I always try my best to do that and make her feel that. I love her every second of everyday and it makes loving motherhood soooo easy.

I can't imagine life not being a mom at this point in my life. Everything I do has a purpose and I have learned to be more careful about the decisions I make. Iaine has taught me this: everything has a reason.

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to have another baby.. maybe two.. or three more kids in the future. I don't know how I'm going to handle that yet, but one thing's for sure-- they're all going to receive the same unconditional love I'm giving my baby girl now.

Yeah, I so love being a mom...
But I love her more. ♥

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

No comments:

Post a Comment