Sunday, July 19, 2009

No Rest for the Bride to Be


As in WOW.

I can't explain the series of fortunate and unfortunate events that had been going on since.. well, we got engaged! Well for one, I got myself a pretty serious migraine yesterday which lasted for more than 12 hours. I actually thought it will never go away. I was too scared to take any medication at first because now that I'm pregnant I'm really careful about what I take in and if it's possible, I wouldn't take any medication at all. So I tried other ways to try to alleviate the pain, like rubbing Katinko on my forehead (as advised by my mom-in-law). My loving husband-to-be-in-a-matter-of-two-weeks was kind enough to do it for me so all I had to do was just lie on the couch as he massaged my forehead lovingly.

Love stayed by my side the whole time I was feeling sick. I was in so much pain that I couldn't keep my eyes open for too long but everytime I opened them and I saw him staring at me with his beautiful eyes, it felt like I was being healed each time.

But it got to the point that I couldn't stand the pain anymore so I took Paracetamol which I learned, to my relief, is safe for unborn babies in all stages of pregnancy.

I don't know if it was lack of sleep or the unpredictable weather or all the errands that I'm running that caused the recent migraine attack. I've been so busy lately. The pieces of the wedding are all coming together at a slow but steady pace. We're halfway done with the preparations. This morning Jai and I attended our last scheduled seminar which lasted for half a day, this afternoon we picked up our bridesmaids' and secondary sponsors' gowns and distributed them to the girls, and tomorrow we're going to Manila to buy his "dream wedding shoes". He's very excited about it.

I was supposed to meet my doctor yesterday but unfortunately she already left the clinic before we even got there. I felt really disappointed because I thought I was gonna see my baby for the second time. The secretary said we could come back tomorrow which is Monday but because we need to be somewhere tomorrow we need to hold off the check-up for another day. SAD. I'm really concerned about the welfare of my baby because let me tell you the absolute truth: IT'S NOT EASY TO PREPARE FOR A WEDDING. The length of time that you prepare for the wedding doesn't matter. You can prepare a year ahead but I'm telling you, IT'S STILL DIFFICULT. It's a package deal of STRESS AND DISTRESS so it's really taking a toll on my body. Some brides may let other people make the wedding decisions for them but NOT ME, it's my wedding so it's just right that I get to say what I want and work for it. Anyway, I'll be coming back to see my doctor on Tuesday. I can't wait to get these pregnancy worries off my chest.

I was supposed to name this entry Pregnancy Diaries 3, but since I really don't have any new pregnancy news, what's the point?

Maybe in 2 or 3 days? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment