Sunday, November 21, 2010

This Is It

I am absolutely thrilled!

February 6, 2011 is coming! Iaine's birthday is only 2 months and 2 weeks away to be exact so we've already started the preparations. Just last week, I went on a road trip with my family and we spent an entire day at a mall. Shopping, haggling, walking, more walking, hands full with heavyweight shopping bags, but everything was worth it. For weeks I've been waiting for that day to push through because that mall is one of the most popular places in Manila to buy stuff for wholesale. We all had great day and I went home with tons of party stuff, satisfied. The bonus: the husband was impressed with my shopping taste.

You have no idea how much my husband and I are excited about this party. We already have ideas for Iaine's photo shoot, party decorations, parlor games, party favors, cake, invitations, and of course, OUTFITS! Although I can't tell the public what the theme is yet. It's all very hush hush right now. We don't want morons stealing our ideas. Just like before and always. Haha.

Jai and I have been researching a lot about the theme we've chosen to stick with so we're really putting effort into making the party the way we want it. I finally hired a caterer yesterday because we kinda know her personally and she seems easy to do business with. We've been texting and messaging each other on Facebook for days, and then this week we're gonna meet up for the contract signing. I'm also calling dibs on the party venue and a photo/videographer this weekend before anyone else tries to get her hands on them for Feb 6th.

We want to make sure everything is going according to plan because a well-prepared and thought out party is a successful party.

I think we'll be expecting about a hundred and fifty people so we're very careful about what we want and what we actually need. Budget is a very important factor to consider for any occasion. We want an awesome party for Iaine without being impractical. We just want the party to look how it's supposed to look and we want our guests to have fun, enjoy Iaine's first birthday, and never forget that day. First birthdays only come once, ya know?

We're trying to settle the reservations as early as possible 'cause Christmas is just around the corner and there's not gonna be much time for us to settle things after this month. The early bird catches the worm, as they all say.

Wish me luck!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

No comments:

Post a Comment