Sunday, July 11, 2010

Iskrambol and Books

Just a quick update. :)

Today is Sunday--Family Day for most of us. I was glad to get out of the house cos I hate being cooped up at home for days. So anyway I was out with my two loves, two sisters, and our extended family (Mom's side). Mom and Dad are out of the country right now so obviously Jai and I need to watch over the youngsters and play the parental roles. We went to church, enjoyed the afternoon just hanging at my grandparents' house and then went to the nearest mall before heading home cos we were all craving for some ice scramble.

This is what ice scramble, or simply iskrambol, looks like:
It's a combination of crushed ice, powdered milk, strawberry and chocolate syrup. Toppings: marshmallows, chocolate or candy sprinkles, rice crispies, and many others.

Yes, it tastes as yummy as it looks. :)

So anyway even though there were two bags hanging from my shoulders, my left arm carrying my super heavyweight baby, my left hand struggling to hold the iskrambol cup, right hand scooping spoonfuls and feeding my mouth, and my chin desperately trying to hover just above the cup so I don't drop pink sludge on my little one (who was so well-behaved by the way) I was still excited to buy new stuff tonight. Retail therapy is bliss no matter how full my hands are.

It didn't take long for my family to help me out with the stuff though cos they said I looked too mom-like and mom-like wasn't meant in a good way. The very moment I handed the baby over to hubs and the baby bag to my cousin, my rib cage expanded to full extent, arms regained feeling, and I could finally enjoy my iskrambol. Sigh of relief. Shopping, here I come.

My sister bought a soft water-filled teether for the little cuddler. I've always wanted to get her one (her Bright Starts teethers are too hard for her right now). Iaine also enjoyed a great deal of time trying out a Baby Company exersaucer, which tears up my heart in two all the more--I'm still lost in an exersaucer vs. high chair vs. walker dilemma.

At the end of the day I only purchased a few things, but books are such a great investment I feel like I bought treasures for a bargain. I got two Winnie the Pooh storybooks & one Little Genius alphabet book from the Department store for Iaine (great additions to her growing book collection) and then two books from National Bookstore for me and Jai--which by the way my sister forced me to buy and I'm glad she did.
I love family days. I love books. And we're gonna make sure Iaine grows up loving them too. :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

2 comments:

  1. happy family! ice scramble reminds me of my childhood :) favorite ko kasi siya!! books are loved and am sure ur lil love princess will enjoy it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. tuwang tuwa ako sa scramble kc dati bihira lang may dumadaan dito eh.. haha.. thanks ate!

    ReplyDelete