Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Booked

Last year's January was crazy. I was so preoccupied with Iaine's birthday party preparations and I was a mess.  Even though my family was a big help, I was the one in charge of everything. From the invitations to the loot bags, I assembled them all. I really wanted the perfect first birthday for my first child, and thankfully, it was a big success.

And surpriiiise, it's that time of the year again. Only a month from now, my lovely daughter is about to turn another year older.

WAT.

She's turning two! I can't believe how fast she's growing, but when I come to think of it I realize that I made every second of the first years of her life count. I stopped working because I want to be with her in every milestone and guide her to them. And now I can proudly say that she's so smart for her age and being a SAHM has definitely paid off!

We didn't need to be convinced to hold a party this year because my husband and I were always sure there'd be one, no matter how simple or extravagant. We initially wanted a simple celebration at home. Some spaghetti,cake, balloons, and that would be enough. We spent so much money on Iaine's 1st birthday that we think it would be overkill to go all out again this time.

But, we changed our minds about the home thing. My ILs suggested a birthday party at this fastfood restaurant. We checked out their website and thanks to their "party planner" we have calculated a friendly budget for a decent enough birthday party. It would be a semi-private affair for family members and some of our closest friends, and having attended birthday parties at that place, I'm sure Iaine's 2nd birthday would be a blast. It's a place where kids and adults will surely enjoy.

So, we've already made a reservation yesterday and it's funny how it seemed just like a spur-of-the-moment thing. We've made the arrangements, placed the down payment, and last night I already started filling up the free pre-made invitations which will be given away 2 weeks before Iaine's 2nd birthday.

I can honestly say that I'm excited about it, although it's sad to know the reality. My daughter isn't a baby anymore. Recently I find myself staring at her and just thinking how beautiful she has become. She's a little lady now and she's gonna grow bigger, smarter, and lovelier.

And by the way, my favorite perk of having someone else do the party for me is that I don't have to worry about crafts and magicians and caterers anymore. I can just sit back, relax, and enjoy the first month of the year, and all I need to do is just show up to Iaine's birthday party with the rest of the payment balance in my wallet!
 


Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

No comments:

Post a Comment